Monday, October 31, 2011

Double Standard

I absolutely cannot stand male chauvinistic pigs who think I can’t possibly know a thing about sports just because I have the ability to recognize a good ass.  Men look at women all the time and talk about tits and ass, and somehow magically still know about sports!  Not women…we have no clue what is going on…we just watch so we can drool over the guys.  Complete bullshit!  I can’t even count the number of times I’ve heard guys talking about Hope Solo, or reporters like Emily Jones & Erin Andrews and how hot they are.  Unless there is a complete double-standard (which there is), comments like this voided those men of any sports knowledge.   

On Saturday, I refused to get into a 144 character debate with @SportsByDallas regarding why Ron Washington should not be fired (to me his value is clear).  Due to the fact that I made a decision not to banter with this particular person, I was sent the following tweets.

@SCarolinaGrl10 I wouldn't trust the baseball opinion of someone more concerned with the asses of the players than their talent anyway.

@SCarolinaGrl10 But you have one of those cool washable tattoos on your face...so clearly you are an authority on the sport.

This person, who doesn’t know me at all, then went on to call me a self-loathing female.  They have no clue who I am, but now they are the authority on ME.  I guess they know ME better than I do.  By the way…did I mention that this person doesn’t even follow me?  So how do they now me so well??
So since I don’t know ME and I know nothing about baseball, hell all sports, I will keep my mouth shut and be the subservient, self-loathing female that this person called me out to be.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I COULDN’T EVEN WRITE THAT WITH A STRAIGHT FACE!  NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I saw some of this twitter war, and I was at a loss for words. I don't know why I'm surprised at the double-standard anymore.

    It's incredibly hard to be a female sports fan sometimes. People think we only enjoy it for the eye candy and know nothing about the game. I've tried only commenting on the game and deflecting "but don't you think he's hot" comments, only to be called a lesbian. We can't win.

    It's ridiculous, and for the most part, I've unfollowed those who show their misogynist ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! It happens all the time-- yes, I think Tim Tebow (and you know, lots of other players) has a great ass. But that doesn't mean that I don't know anything about football (or baseball, basketball, etc). It's super annoying. Guys like that are just ridiculous-- he was clearly trying to bait you. Good for you to not respond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a little unfollow party of my own after all the backlash I received over my last two blogs. Yes I know sports, but I also know a fine man when I see one. I refuse to censor myself for the benefit of other people with whom I do not associate or even follow for that matter. It seems to me that certain men on twitter seek out people to bash and start arguments with just for the sake of doing so. Anyway, thanks for the comments...us girls have to band together against all these "dudes" that think we don't have a clue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. were you being a wannabe-sports-chickie with a high school crush again? haha

    -DSlats13 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Danny - you know I'm that little high school chickie!!

    ReplyDelete