Friday, October 14, 2011

The Dreaded Weigh-In

Anything worth having or doing requires effort and a process to get you through.  One major step of my surgical process is a monthly weigh-in.  This is a requirement by my insurance company.  They want to see your ability to "stick" with some type of eating/exercise plan prior to surgery.  Today was my 5th weigh-in out of 6.  I lost 5 more pounds!  Woohoo!  5 might not seem like a big number, but for anyone who has battled with weight, that is a major accomplishment.  Along with my weigh-in, I had to do bloodwork for the millionth time it seems.  At least they gave me a red bandage to match the Texas Rangers gear that I am wearing. 

I am exactly 4 weeks away from my final weigh-in.  Once that is completed, all of my weight charts, letters from doctors, and surgical recommendation will be sent to the insurance liaison.  She said it will take approximately 15 days to receive approval, so looks like I will be good to go for December.  Once I have a solid surgery date, I will post it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment