Friday, October 28, 2011

Getting it off my chest!

Last night during the Ranger game, I saw things written on Twitter that pissed me off to my core.  What ever happened to WE WIN AS A TEAM AND LOSE AS A TEAM?  For some people, the concept of team goes down the drain when a person makes an error, misses a pitch, strikes out…whatever the case may be.  Is it that easy to forget that these men are human and are not perfect?  We all get upset when a game doesn’t go our way, but imagine how the players feel! 
Every man on the field has reached the majors because they are good enough to be there.  Yet pieces of crap people sit on their couches and have the nerve to talk about how horrible a player(s) is, how they should be benched and how they “fucking hate” someone.  Nobody gives a shit about your opinion and constant need to put people down.  You are not a true fan of the team, so don’t try to act like you should win fan of the year just because you own a jersey, go to games and watch on TV. 
I know diehard fans…fans that have been with the Rangers through years of losing seasons…who never speak a bad word about individuals on the team.  They have a positive outlook…the “we will get them next time” attitude.  They have taken each loss for what it is, and have also celebrated each win!   To me, these are TRUE Ranger fans.
Twitter has exposed me to some wonderful people who love the game just like I do.  However, it has also exposed me to the type of people I do not like…people who are legends in their own mind and still talk about how great they were in little league.  Somehow they feel their MVP trophy in the 1988 Championship game gives them the authority to comment on major league players/managers.  Do me a favor…when you get called up to the majors and have walked a day in the shoes of a player/manager, then open your mouth.  Until then…SHUT THE FUCK UP!
I am just as devastated as the next person about the loss last night.  We had the game won and couldn’t keep it together.  There were multiple things that contributed to the loss:  infielders made errors, pitchers missed pitches, hitters struck out, closers couldn’t save the game.  Not one single person can be blamed for the outcome.  In the press conferences after the game, each player sounded confident about Game 7.  You didn’t hear any of them pointing fingers at teammates.  Each player will reflect upon the game and what they could’ve done to change the outcome.  Far be it from us to act as experts and spew a bunch of bullshit analysis out there.  They know what they have to do.  PERIOD. 
I will admit that there is one certain player that I do not like; however, it has nothing to do with his ability to play the sport.  It has everything to do with his attitude on and off the field.  That is all I will say about that!
I guess the only thing really left for me to say is GO RANGERS!

4 comments:

  1. Get em, girl. I knew what was being said last night...I just turned my phone off. I would have gotten myself into a lot of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just said everything I have been wanting to for a week. Mike Napoli's shirt said it all "Together"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I don't follow you on twitter but I do follow a couple of people that follow you and saw your name mentioned in twitter. I'd just like to say good article. It's a shame that to some people a team is only good when they're winning but isn't worth shit when they're losing. Excellent post! You have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments! I took a beating from several people on twitter over this post, but I really don't care. The people that were pissed were the ones the blog was intended for anyway!

    ReplyDelete