Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 4: 30-Day Challenge

Day 4:  A habit you wish you didn't have & something you are looking forward to.

The main habit I wish I didn't have is talking negatively about myself and not being able to accept compliments.  I am the first person to degrade myself and say I'm ugly, fat, etc.  I also have a hard time believing compliments.  I always say thank you, but I think to myself "they are just being nice."  I don't feel that people are being honest.  It is extremely unhealthy to think that way about yourself, but in my heart I believe those things.  As stated in a previous blog, this is a work in progress and I am hopeful of ridding myself of this habit.



Something I am looking forward to is the Texas Rangers Spring Training trip I have planned with Rachel and Ashley.  We leave next Wednesday, 3/7!  We have been planning this since the 2011 season ended.  Can't believe it is almost here.  We are staying in Surprise and have tickets to 3 games.  This should be an extremely fun trip!!!


3 comments:

  1. I do the same things (talk down to myself) ... trying to get better though.

    I'm sad I'll miss you girls by just DAYS in Surprise. Lacy (lkcollum on twitter) and I are staying somewhere in Phoenix. Surprise was too expensive. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the exact same way. I actually asked a Twitter friend the other day if they were disappointed when they met me in person. Haha. They thought I was crazy. Why would they be disappointed? Told the person I was afraid the me in reality was a let down. The person was so nice, said I was better in reality. It is hard to cast aside that self-bashing when you have become an expert at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls...this is a tough thing to stop! I can honestly say that I haven't figured out how yet. Laura, I completely identify with your Twitter meeting. However, the person I met actually stopped talking to me and unfollowed me after I met them. That doesn't do great things to someone who already has low self-esteem. I chalked that up to this...I didn't need that person in my life anyway! Unfortunately what that experience validated was that I shouldn't extend myself and try to meet new people. I am slowly getting past that, but man it is a struggle! Having zero confidence in myself is so unattrative and I need to get over it!

    ReplyDelete