Wednesday, February 15, 2012

8 Weeks Post-Op Update

I will be 8-weeks post-op on Friday, 2/17.  At this point, I have lost...

55 lbs

The number is okay, but I am more excited about the way I feel.  I no longer feel lethargic!!  I am actually sleeping pretty well too.  My body is changing in so many ways.  Physically, I am dropping sizes quickly.  I don't have any clothes that fit right now, but I don't want to buy anything new yet.  Here are updated pics (Body taken 2/14, Face take 2/15):



I can see and feel definite changes.  My likes/dislikes in regards to food are changing too.  I can no longer eat chocolate.  It makes me VERY nauseous.  I don't consider this a bad thing...I really don't need it anyway.  I liked salad before, but now I love it!  I am also eating eggs more now...I used to hate them!  My goal when eating is to load up on protein and forget about the carbs.

For anyone who ever thought WLS was the easy way out, I say think again!  The surgery is strictly a tool.  I have to work hard every single day to assist in the weight loss process.  So many people have asked, "Would you do it all over again?"  The answer...YES!!

2 comments: