Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Recovery

I am in recovery mode, but wanted to at least post about my progress. The surgery was difficult and the recovery is even worse. I have 5 incisions in my abdomen; one of them is bigger than the others (where they pulled my stomach out). They are all extremely sore and moving is very difficult.  They pumped loads of air in me during surgery so I am bloated and swollen from the trauma. I had a local anesthetic in my abdomen until yesterday. My mom had to pull 8 inches of tubing out of my stomach...it was down near my stomach where I am stapled together. This was not pleasant. The pics are a little gross, but as I said from the beginning, I will show and tell as much as I can. I will be able to post more pics from the actual hospital and will give a full rundown of what happened while I was there. For now it's time for me to rest. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, that looks painful. Hope the recovery goes well and healing comes quickly!

    ReplyDelete