Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Woes of a Big-Boobied Girl

Since my surgery is coming up, I decided that I would not be purchasing anything new in the way of clothes, shoes, undergarments, etc.  There is absolutely no sense in spending money on items that I will only wear for few months.  I was holding firm to this decision until I realized that out of the 20+ bras in my drawer, only 2 fit…BARELY.  I say barely because my left boob decided to grow a little more, and was starting to do that mini-bulge over the top of the cup (girls you know what I’m talking about).  I thought I could hold out but then tragedy struck!  One of my two bras bit the dust!!!  Well a girl can’t get away with only having one bra…it just isn’t possible.  Now time to face the big issues! 
Issue #1:  For years, I’ve had to special order my bras because regular stores don’t carry my size!
Issue #2:  I’m a bra snob!  It has to be the perfect fit.
Obviously I had to deal realistically with both issues.  So last night, I ran to Kohl’s in hopes of finding something that would last a few months.  I searched that store high and low and found ONE bra in my size!  Now of course, I didn’t find my size in those cute bras that are out on the hangers.  Oh no…my size was in one of those plastic baggies that are located in the pull out drawers!  Yep…hide the big ugly bras!  At this point, I didn’t care what it looked like; I was just excited to find one in my size.  I headed for the dressing room to try it on, and noticed that inside the baggy on the paper insert there was something brown!  No…don’t get grossed out, it wasn’t poop!  It was literally pieces of a candy bar!  I guess a big girl went into the dressing room to try on the bra, got depressed and had to eat a candy bar STAT!  I understand the necessity of that action for whoever tried it on before me!  Bra shopping sucks!  At least the chocolate wasn’t actually touching the bra!  Good news…THE BRA FIT!
Today, I am happy to report that the “girls” are lifted and looking lovely!  Truthfully, I can’t wait for these boobs to disappear!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I hear you. Bra shopping sucks when you're anything over a C cup. I don't understand how hard it is to make pretty bras for us, um, "blessed" ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete